How local can we go? How well can we-the-eaters feed ourselves from where we live? We’re going to find out. Together. Sign up to learn more.
The 2014 Challenge is over. Did you do it? Have you done one like it? Please take this survey! It will shape the 2015 Challenge – and build the local food movement.
Would you like to take part in a collaborative experiment? People around the world are asking: How well can local food (versus industrial food) feed our communities? Can a 10-Day Local Food Challenge help us answer that question?
Here’s the basics:
- Select 10 days in October 2014 when you will commit to eating food sourced within 100 miles (more or less of your home).
- Give yourself 10 exotics, foods from afar you can’t live without. No need to suffer.
- Do it yourself or form a team with your club, church, class, pals.
That simple. That radical.
Join the Facebook Group
Post stories, photos, shout outs, videos
At the end those registered will get a final survey. We want to know:
- How did the experiment go?
- If you redesigned it for your friends and networks, what would you change?
- What was surprisingly hard?
- What was surprisingly easy?
- What made it worth your time, money and effort?
- If you couldn’t do it, why?
Remember, this is an experiment. There are no wrong answers. No failures. All experience is information.
Remember, if we want to be a good food nation, we’ll need more good food sourced closer to home. We need this to build our health, communities, economies and our kid’s futures.