How local can we go? How well can we-the-eaters feed ourselves from where we live? We’re going to find out. Together. Sign up to learn more.
Would you like to take part in a collaborative experiment? People around the world are asking: How well can local food (versus industrial food) feed our communities? Can a 10-Day Local Food Challenge help us answer that question?
Here’s the basics:
- Select 10 days in October 2014 when you will commit to eating food sourced within 100 miles (more or less of your home).
- Give yourself 10 exotics, foods from afar you can’t live without. No need to suffer.
- Do it yourself or form a team with your club, church, class, pals.
That simple. That radical.
Join the Facebook Group
Post stories, photos, shout outs, videos
At the end those registered will get a final survey. We want to know:
- How did the experiment go?
- If you redesigned it for your friends and networks, what would you change?
- What was surprisingly hard?
- What was surprisingly easy?
- What made it worth your time, money and effort?
- If you couldn’t do it, why?
Remember, this is an experiment. There are no wrong answers. No failures. All experience is information.
Remember, if we want to be a good food nation, we’ll need more good food sourced closer to home. We need this to build our health, communities, economies and our kid’s futures.